Josephine’s Salon & Spa is the premier massage center in the entire Englewood area & the surrounding communities of Venice, Rotonda, Boca Grande and Gulf Cove.
A 2010 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that massage boosts patients’ white blood cell count thereby helping the body defend against disease. In addition, massage provides short term and long term benefits by:
- Alleviating low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assisting with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Easing medication dependence.
- Enhancing immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercising and stretching weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Helping athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- Improving the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increasing joint flexibility.
- Lessening depression and anxiety.
- Promoting tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reducing post surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reducing spasms and cramping.
- Digestive disorders
- Relaxing and softening injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Releasing endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieving migraine pain.
- Insomnia related to stress
Josephine’s Salon and Spa offers a variety of massage, including:
- Swedish massage. This is a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize you.
- Deep massage. This massage technique uses slower, more-forceful strokes to target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue, commonly to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage. This is similar to Swedish massage, but it’s geared toward people involved in sport activities to help prevent or treat injuries.
- Trigger point massage. This massage focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or overuse.
Come in and experience for yourself, the healing, relaxing and rejuvenating powers massage can bring.
Josephine’s Salon & Spa
is a licensed Massage Establishment located in Englewood, Florida
Florida License No. MM34106
Our Relaxation Massage is a classic therapeutic massage geared toward a tailored relaxation and de-stressing of your muscles. 60 min. $75.00; 90 min. $110.00
The Deep Tissue Massage reaches to the muscle under-layers to ensure an invigorating and deeply relaxing experience. 60 min. $95.00; 90 min. $140.00
Our Couples Massage seeks to provide a truly relaxing and tension-relieving experience that you will both enjoy together. 60 min. $150.00; 90 min. $225.00
The Hot Stone Massage is truly one of the classics enjoyed world-wide providing deep relief to tied and sore muscles. 60 min. $90.00; 90 min. $135.00
Our Tension Tamer is great for those on the run or as an excellent addition to other treatments. It provides relief to high-stress areas concentration on the neck, shoulders and back. 30 min. $45.00
Our Deep Tissue Tamer digs deeper to untie those nasty knots so that your neck, shoulders and back can move freely without that nagging restriction. 30 mins. $55.00
Body Polish & Scalp Treatments
Body Polish—an invigorating application of essential oils to cleanse, exfoliate and invigorate the skin leaving you feeling refreshed and smooth. 50 min. $95.00; 90 min. $140.00
Lavender Scalp Treatment—essential oils massaged into your scalp for an aromatherapy experience that relaxes and rejuvenates you. $20.00
Aromatherapy—added to any treatment for just $10.00
prices subject to change